Sunday, January 29, 2006

Trying the new Kaspersky

I'm trying out the new Kaspersky personal anti-virus software. I have allready installed it, and run a scan. It found nothing suspicious, and for that I thank AVG. Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal 5.0
Is trial-ware, which means at the end of 30 days I get to pay $39.95. I don't like to spend money when I don't have to. So I'll stick with a perfectly good product, AVG and then I'll send them a donation. I don't believe we should have to pay directly for online security. Internet Service Providers should build in security. But that is a needle in a haystack argument for someone else to debate.

I did surf Beta News today looking for some cool new Betas to try out. Found a couple I might try. You might like them...
One is a calendar that sits on your desktop and you add events to also it reminds you of the event. Not sure...according to the description it sounded easy to use. Rainlendar home page
Betanews review/download

Also found this free email server program...not sure but it sounds like I could run my own email server. Not sure if this is a good idea or not but I might give it a try
It's called hmailserver
Betanews review

well enjoy!
"D"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name:
Location: United States

Powered by Blogger